Speedbox 2 Kit for Giant EVO Engine (2017-2018)
- Speed Limiter: Displays your actual speed
- Maximum speed with assistance: no limit
- Activation mode: Walk Assist button
Using the kit
The 2 SpeedBox for your Giant Evo engine (2017-2018 year) is activated by pressing the WALK button on the control panel. As soon as you press, it will appear for 2 seconds, the speed of 9,9 km / h on the dashboard. This tells you that the 2 Speedbox is enabled. The assistance of your bike will no longer be restrained and it will assist you up to 99 km / h.
To disable the Speedbox 2 simply press the end on WALK again. "2,5 km / h" will be displayed on your dashboard. This means that your 2 Speedbox is turned off, so your Giant engine support will stop at 25 kmv / h.
Kit compatible with all GIANT engines equipped with a RideControl EVO case. Not suitable for VTTAE equipped with the Ride Control charge command, command composed of 4 gray buttons: "M", "+", "-", "Light". If you are in this case, contact us.
The 2 Speedbox Kit for Giant EVO engine (2017-2018) is an electronic module equipped with a microprocessor. It allows to assist the cyclist beyond the 25 km / h regulations by unleashing the VAE Giant. The engine continues to assist the cyclist whatever the real speed of the bike. This module is very easy to install because the connectors fit perfectly with those of origin (the connectors remain well sealed). Once the motor is reassembled, the module is housed in the housing and thus totally invisible. The removal of the unclamping kit is quite possible by performing the reverse operation.
You have no settings to make and the 2 speedbox kit is powered by the electricity delivered by your battery. The speedometer of your VAE GIant displays the actual data (average speed, instantaneous speed, kilometers traveled ...)
- Turn off the electric bike
- Disconnect the battery from the electric bike.
- Disassemble all parts of the electric bike to gain access to the motor connectors.
- Disconnect the connectors on the motor cable to the speed sensor and motor to the display.
- Connect the 2 Giant 2017-2018 SpeedBox to the disconnected connectors.
- Restore the engine.
- Connect (connect) the battery to the electric bike.
- Turn on the electric bike.
- Enable / Disable the 2 Giant 2017-2018 SpeedBox by pressing the WALK button.
Compatible engine and command
The Giant EVO engine produced from 2017 is designed in partnership with Yamaha. The Giant logo or logo appears on the engine with the mention "SyncDrive". Make sure that you have the EVO control (black with black buttons) and no Ride Control (4 blue buttons).
Giant 2017-2018 (EVO)